Get your Key to the Castle!
In 1947, the 5th Marquess of Bute gave Cardiff Castle and its parklands to the people of Cardiff. During the official handover ceremony a key was given to the Lord Mayor of Cardiff, a symbol that the Castle now belonged to its people, to be enjoyed and treasured.
If you live or work in Cardiff you can apply for a Castle Key which gives you FREE ADMISSION to this world-class heritage attraction which includes:
- A selection of lavishly decorated rooms in the Castle Apartments
- Cardiff Castle Grounds
- The Norman Keep
- Battlement Walk
- Wartime Shelters
- Firing Line: Cardiff Castle Museum of the Welsh Soldier
- Interpretation Centre, including film and audio guide
- A selection of special events in the Castle grounds
- plus discount in Caffi'r Castell and the Cardiff Castle Gift Shop
All you have to do is come to the Cardiff Castle Ticket Office with proofthat you live at a Cardiff address (eg: a council tax or utility bill) or a letter from your employer to say you work in Cardiff and we will do the rest. Your Castle Key card with photo ID will be issued at the Castle Ticket Office there and then, so there is no need for you to bring a photo with you, just proof of eligibility.
Click here for the full info.